The partners of ARIDLL consist of outstanding junior and established senior researchers and practitioners from a range of disciplinary backgrounds, university language centres, research centres working with R&D of new technologies in education, and teachers in both HE and a school. All partners have expertise in either using or designing digital technologies, including AR, for language learning and teaching.
ABOUT THE CONSORTIUM
Augmented Reality Instructional Design for Language Learning – ARIDLL project builds a partnership and a professional community to address the need for digital innovation in foreign language learning.
AR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN FOR LANGUAGE LEARNING
- To enable effective language teaching with AR.
- To facilitate capacity building among language teachers to become professional AR users and creators of AR educational materials.
- To improve the quality of language education across Europe.
PLAN FOR 3 YEARS
- to develop instructional design guides for language learning with AR;
- to develop technical recommendations for AR tools to support language learning.
- to train language teachers and instructional designers in the design and use of AR materials in language education;
- to design seven AR language learning content modules for diverse target groups and languages.
- to evaluate the AR materials created in the project in two cycles of pilots with diverse target groups;
- to present the practices and scenarios of AR instructional design for language learning for the community.
- to reach out to stakeholders of all identified target groups of the project with a communication message;
- to disseminate project results widely and openly.